Thursday, June 3, 2010

I've been thinking quite a bit recently about motherhood. What it means, what it feels like, what it entails, the importance of it all. And oh, what a responsibility and a gift. I'm trying to pay attention more when my parents cook, when they fix something or make the wrongs right. Yesterday I watched my dad carefully put salmon on the grill, using a tool I had seen countless times before but never bothered to ask about.

"Dad, what is that cage-like thing you put the salmon in called?"
"I think it's called a fish basket."

A fish basket. Things like these, I want to be able to have, to use, to know. Something as simple as making fish on a grill. I want to know this for my child. Funny that in the past I never bothered to know this for myself. But I'd like to know if for the unborn future, to tuck it into a pocket and rediscover it later.

I can't wait to be a mom, but it's a scary thing too you know?

2 comments:

  1. you'll be a good mom... trust God to teach you what you need to know... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi tiffany! i just got mmm blog-updated on your life, and i love the one about 'joy' ! your grandparents sound so adorable and they must be glad to have you as a granddaughter :) :)

    haven't talked to you for a while, but i hope you are doing well!! i'm moving to delaware for work in a week, so i'll see you on the east coast, perhaps ?!

    ReplyDelete